How to get started with Essential Oils
Get started with Essential Oils by joining me and my tribe of mom’s just like you. By Oily Design is here to make figuring this whole essential oil thing out easy and we are here to help you fall in love with oils!
Ever wondered where to buy essential oils or even how to buy them? Do you buy Essential Oils one at a time or Do you buy a kit? This post will answer some of those questions, giving you the steps I took to buy essential oils and how I got started with Essential Oils.
This post originally was going to be a cut and dry “how to” post, but as I got to writing, it evolved into a glimpse of me, just a plain jane mom and how I got started with oils. So get ready I’m posting real life pictures and stuff here. But the takeaway, is I want you to realize that mom’s just like me and you are using oils and loving them and so can you!
So you’ve seen Essential Oils on pinterest. Do you have that shiny object syndrome like me?? ohh look at those cute little bottles….. Let me pin that!
You’ve seen Essential Oils in upscale stores. I’m telling you, I’ve spent way too much time sniffing those tester bottles that I think I got high once… just kidding. lol
You may even have friends or family that you hear use them.
But, if you are like me, when I first thought about trying Essential oils I had no idea, “how to get started with Essential Oils”. Sure I could buy them off the rack in that Awesome upscale food store that makes me super crazy hungry for stone fired pizza and gourmet desserts. Or I could order some off of Amazon, you know cause I’m a prime member and I’m all about some free shipping. But I always held off, because can I just be honest? When you’re new to this whole Essential Oil thing the whole process can be confusing and overwhelming. I totally get it. You may have heard me talk about how I researched Essential Oils for three years, YES 3 Yrs before I finally purchased my first Essential Oil. (I admit to a little bit of over kill on my part, but I’m a cautious momma)
How I got started with Essential Oils
My first Essential Oil purchase was the Young Living Premium Starter kit. Why did I purchase from Young Living and not from one of the options I mentioned above?
I’ve got a couple of great reasons I could go into, but the biggest reason for me was I knew of a mom who was just like me and she was using Young Living and she was LOVING using her oils. Did you get that part where I said, She was just like me! She was not some mom who has it all together or a mom who is a hipster with this perfect life or a hippy, earth loving green mom. Not that those mom’s are wrong, but they aren’t me. Nope she is a “normal” mom just like me who has crazy days, a messy house and kids that scream and cry.
A mom like me that would love to create a perfect life for my family but I’m realistic and realize that hey, I can handle the small ways of creating a healthier life for my family but I doubt I could succeed in perfection. And quite honestly I don’t have the energy to be perfect. Thank you baby #2 who doesn’t like to sleep.
After that long diatribe I imagine you’re saying okay, but “How do I get started?”
My suggestion is to begin with baby steps. At one time thought I would label this post “How a plain Jane mom gets started with Essential oils”, but to be honest it was a mouthful and the SEO on it kind of sucked and I really wanted mom’s like me to read it.
How you can get started with Essential Oils
My steps for you to get started with Essential Oils-
1. I would get started with Essential Oils by purchasing a premium starter kit where the top most used oils are available for you to use and try. This kit has the capability to help with your family’s wellness, stress, bedtime, cleaning, purification and lots of other cool stuff. (When you purchase a kit from me I supply you with a free “how to” book that will give you steps on using each oil plus tons of recipes.) Click here to get a kit and join my Busy Mom’s group! When your kit arrives, I have a great video you can watch on how to unpack your kit and get started.
When Young Living put together this amazing premium starter kit, They took away all the confusion of trying to figure out what oils to buy first. They made it easy for us busy moms to get started with essential oils
2. Next, Once your kit arrives I would start using Essential Oils by diffusing them. It’s the easiest simplest way to give them ago. When you purchase the Premium Starter kit it comes with a diffuser. Diffusing is so easy! If you can count to 2 which if you’re reading this I bet you can and if you have the ability to pour water you can diffuse. See I told you it was easy. I would start with diffusing something as simple as Lemon or Lavender. Just a couple of drops and some water and you are a diffusing expert. For a diffusing 101 check out this past Post: Making Scents! Diffusing Essential Oils 101 for the busy mom!
and just so you know this bedroom is only clean because it took me hours to get it this way. 5 mins later it was a disaster area. oh, well that is my real life!
3. Another way to get started using essential oils is to use them topically. I know this is where it gets sort of scary for the first time user but I promise it’s not. Several of the oils in this kit can be used “neat”. Do what?? “Neat” is oil speak for straight out of the bottle. I would suggest taking a drop or two of Lavender and rubbing it on your feet at bedtime. Hello bedtime! Got a muscle ache, try a couple of drops of panaway on it. See easy peasy!
4. You ready for a little fun? Next, I would try making up a few Rollerballs using your kit oils. (If you purchase your kit from me, I will send you a set of my favorite glass rollers so you can mix up your own rollerballs, plus the “how to book” I send you is full of great recipes!) Now I have to admit my addiction. I have a TON of rollerballs. Here is the thing. If you have to mix up oils each time you need them, guess what? As a busy mom you will NEVER, I repeat you will NEVER EVER use them. But, if you mix up some rollers for your top reasons you need or want essential oils, you will find that they are way easier to reach for and use than other options.
Need some great ideas for Rollers to make.
Check out these post-
A busy mom’s springtime wellness roller.
5. Another get started tip is to make a spray bottle with a room scent. Once you smell a mix like Purification, lemon and water and use it as your room spray you will be hooked. Now that I have been using essential oils, anytime a smell one of the commercial type room sprays that I use to be addicted to they make me sick. I love the light airy scent of oils. For a great room spray check out this post- A busy mom’s way to neutralize the diaper smell. If this spray mix can kill diaper smell you know it can make your house smell amazing! (and a bonus for those who get their kit from me? they get that cute 2oz glass spray bottle that is perfect for making your own room sprays.Check out the Jump start kit you will get at the bottom of this post!)
So as you can see, it really is easy to get started using oils. I think the ultimate key to success with starting and using oils is selecting someone like me to purchase your starter kit thru. When you purchase a starter kit, you want to get it from someone who will be there for you long after the sale. My ultimate goal is not to sell you a kit, but to help you fall in love with Essential Oils and to incorporate them into your life in whatever capacity you envision.
Would you love the chance to find someone to help mentor you through the process?
What if I told you I would help you for FREE!
I’d love the opportunity to walk you through essential oils and help you choose the best oils to use for you. When you purchase a Premium Starter kit through me you will receive Free one on one mentoring from me to help you get comfortable and using essential oils in your life. I promise by the time we are done you will be a rockstar user of essential oils!
The above recipes are made using Young Living Essential oils. They are the only essential oils I trust to use on my family. The reason I use only Young Living is pure and simple, I know the quality that goes into Young Living oils. I only want the best and purest to use on my family and Young Living Guarantees that with their Seed to Seal pledge. If you are new to essential oils or have been using different brands, I’d love the chance to introduce you to Young Living essential oils. Let me help you get started on a healthier lifestyle for you and your family. To find out more, I’d love for you to check out my post on
Let’s get your hands on this box of awesomeness. Click here to get your Premium Starter Kit now!
It’s a fun and informative post about how this normal, plain jane mom got started with essential oils and how you can too! check it out here- How to get started with Essential Oils.
Purchase a Young Living Premium Starter Kit thru
BY OILY DESIGN
One on One support from Ruth
free access to the By Oily Design online library that is constantly growing with information,
Access to the private By Oily Design Facebook chat group to talk oils with other momma’s just like you
a FREE Welcome Jump Start Box full of goodies to get you going (rollerballs, spray and dropper bottles and more!)
A BONUS FREE E-BOOK- Essential Oils Everyday Uses (It is loaded with over 100+ recipes!)
Check out our FREE JUMP START KIT!
Available only for those who purchase their Premium Starter Kit through By Oily Design!
Get started with essential oils! Let me help you start out with the young living Premium Starter kit. When purchasing your kit thru me you will receive a Jump start kit (a $15 value) with recipes and everything you need to get started with oils. As a BONUS I will also include The By Oily Design Ebook- Essential Oils Everyday Uses! This new Ebook contains over a 100 tried and tested Essential Oil Recipes to get you started loving and using your oils. The Ebook is ONLY available to By Oily Design Members! byoilydesign.com YL member #3177383
So you don’t have a kit yet? Well I’d love to help you get your hands on this box of awesomeness. Click here to get your Premium Starter Kit now!
Curious about the items I use with my essential oils? check out these!
COPYRIGHT: © Ruth Rackley and By Oily Design, 2015. You may use the URL of this post to share it on social media. You may also use the URL of this post to link to it from another website/blog. However, no part of the text of this post may be copied and used in a social media status update or on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. You may share the graphics/s associated with this post on social media as long as they are not edited in any way. However, you may not use the graphic/s associated with this post on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. This post and the graphic/s associated with it may not be printed and distributed without the prior written permission of the author. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material is strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.Please read the full disclaimer here